Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tech Austerity

I want to buy a new camera before the baby's born, and a new computer to load all the pics and video to. (the new tv, sound, game, and video system is still on the list, too) But the stuff I've got now is working just fine, so it's hard to justify the expense when I feel uncertain about the medium and long-term health of the economy (short term seems fine, by which I mean the next couple of months), and I have a lot of other demands on the family purse. Plus, with consumer tech, waiting rewards you with lower prices and/or better stuff, but at the expense of all the time you could've been using the new gear but weren't. For now, I think I'll wait, but I can hardly complain--the stuff I've already got is more than I'm really putting to use anyways. I think I'll just pass the interim with a tech wish list (not to be confused with my "I hope Tech loses every game" list), and get back to spending money on the family and the house-

1 comment: