Monday, August 1, 2011

Tea Party Terror


What is the tea party? I'm not quite sure there is a correct answer.

For some it is a new platform. For others, it's anarchists.

Is it organized? Is it ragtag?

I honestly don't know, but here's what it means to me.

The tea party is an idea. The idea that enough is enough.

The idea that government has gotten out of hand. The idea that too big to fail is too big (even if it's the government).

The idea that I am responsible for me. Not the government.

The idea that if we are all in this together then we should all contribute. No free rides.

The idea that freedom means freedom. Free to choose. Free to win. Free to fail.

Whatever it is, I'm trying to be part of it. I'm not an activist, but I want to live by these ideas.

And I'm glad to be on the other side of this bozo.

No comments:

Post a Comment