Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bob Evans: foodbook #3

I was in Cleveland, Ohio for work this week. It's always fun to try local and unique places. It's also fun to hit the tried-and-true chains that make you feel like you're back home. Or, in my case, back in Ocala, Florida, where we always eat at least once at the Bob Evans restaurant near my grandparents' place. We don't have Bob Evans around here, so I made sure to visit the B.E. close to my hotel.

What to get:
(1) Bob Evans link sausage and eggs over easy.
I'll put this beside the fanciest plates at the nicest restaurants in town. It's that good.
(2) The turkey dinner plate.
It's a family favorite. Enjoy the taste of the holidays, any day you want.

Also good:
The green beans. Very soft, cooked with some kind of meat (ham?).
The biscuits. Kinda heavy, very buttery. What a biscuit should be.
The steamed broccoli was cooked perfectly (bright green, still crunchy, not raw).

The meatloaf is nothing special.
The pancakes with berries would've been better without the berries.

They've got a big menu, fair prices, and my favorite sausage and eggs. Recommended when in Ocala, Cleveland, or anywhere else you can find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment