Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ray's on the River: food book #5

Ray's on the River

Sarah and I celebrated the 8th anniversary of meeting each other on February 15, 2012. Being the day after Valentine's makes getting a table easy. This year, we tried Ray's on the River.

Great:
The barbecue shrimp appetizer, served on fried grit cakes with a zesty cream sauce. Excellent. $10.
Their butter, on the dark bread they brought out. Fabulous.

Just fine:
(1) Filet mignon. $29. Sarah really like it. I thought it was fine. For a filet. I prefer the ribeye, but $50 was too much to spend on a steak of unknown (to me) quality. Instead, I went with the
(2) Prime rib. $33. The outer "rind" was awesome. The inner part was alright, but needed salt, pepper, and a horseradish sauce/au jus dunk to make it tasty. For reference, salt and pepper is all I like on my steak, which better be cool and red on the inside.

So so:
(1) Caesar salad. $7. Sarah ordered it. I like it, but could've done without.
(2) Mashed potatoes. Very rich, with dollops of sour cream or goat cheese or something. Good.

They sprinkled "happy anniversary" confetti on our table, which was kinda fun/funny. We liked the service. Great atmosphere, and a beautiful view of the Chattahoochee River (we weren't right beside the windows, but just one row away). They brought out a complimentary brownie with strawberries with "Happy Anniversary" in a beautiful, fudgy script.

We had plenty to eat, and we liked it. The bbq shrimp was the only stand-out. I don't think we'd come back on our own, but we had a very nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment