Saturday, February 18, 2012

Steak 'n Shake: foodbook #6

Steak 'n Shake, on Howell Mill at I-75, Atlanta.

Sarah and I like Steak 'n Shake, when we eat there. We stopped at one near Brunswick, Georgia attached to a gas station and reeking of dirty mop water(?). We didn't eat there. We stopped at one near Macon, Georgia. They ignored us for at least 10 minutes in spite of having more employees than customers. Once seated, it was at least another 10 minutes before we decided the food might be no better than the service, which was awful. I'm not expecting much at Steak 'n Shake, but if they pretend you're not there, what can you do? So we went to Five Guys.

But we had a great dinner at the Steak 'n Shake off of I-75 in Ocala, Florida (I had the jalapeƱo burger), and we had a great Valentine's Day dinner with the kids at the Howell Mill/I-75 restaurant. Great service. Great time.

What to get:
Cheeseburger. Can't go wrong. They've got a few varieties. As a rule, I don't need a salad on my burger (lettuce, tomato) so I usually pull the extraneous stuff and eat it separately. Next time I'll probably get an extra meat patty thrown on (for a total of 3).

Sides:
Fries are pretty good.
Baked beans come in a little crock. Very sweet. Alright.

No big deal:
Grilled cheese sandwich.

Shakes:
Gotta get a shake. The four of us shared two (chocolate strawberry, reese's peanut butter cup). We could've gotten by with just one. I like the big glasses they come in.

Nothing like a good cheeseburger and a shake. Once you find a good location, mark your map.

No comments:

Post a Comment